In celebration of International Women’s Day this year, we are putting a spotlight on some of the most inspiring women who have had an impact in blockchain.
Often, people are somewhat intimidated by the space and hesitant to jump in, and women in particular are pretty underrepresented (this stat puts them at just 9% of the actively engaged bitcoin community). So, we thought it’d be helpful to hear about what brought these leaders to the space, what drives them, how they operate and what their hopes and dreams are. This is an extraordinary group of extremely mission-driven and goal-oriented founders, investors, operators and advisors — they are role models and they are badasses.
Enjoy the video and consider a career in blockchain! Paxos and many other companies are hiring and there is plenty of room for new founders, along with other ways to get involved in the space. We hope that this is an inspiration to you!
Special thanks to:
- Ana Ariño, Chief Strategy Officer, at New York City Economic Development Corporation
- Sheila Bair, Board of Director at Paxos (former Chair of the FDIC)
- Galia Benatzi, Co-Founder of Bancor
- Perianne Boring, Founder and President of Digital Chamber of Commerce
- Amanda Gutterman, CMO at ConsenSys
- Jalak Jobanputra, Founder of Future Perfect Ventures
- Leanne Kemp, Founder and CEO of Everledger
- Sheila Warren, Head of Blockchain Distributed Ledger at World Economic Forum