Paxos’ mission is to modernize finance by mobilizing assets at the speed of the internet. Paxos is building a future where all assets–from money to gold to securities–will be digitized and move instantaneously, 24/7. Settlement risk will cease to exist, so trillions of dollars of trapped capital can go to work in a global, frictionless economy. (Check out our Twitter feed for the latest news and information.)
Our Products include:
- Paxos Standard (PAX) is a digital dollar and the world’s first regulated crypto asset. This stablecoin is backed 1:1 by dollars and offers a liquid, digital alternative to cash that is available 24/7 for instantaneous transaction settlement around the world. Launched in September 2018, it’s the most traded USD-backed stablecoin.
- itBit is a crypto-asset exchange. We also offer related trading services including escrow, custody and OTC trading.
- Post-Trade: Based in London, our Post-Trade team works on a broad suite of products to simplify post-trade confirmations for precious metals, other commodities and FX markets. The team launched Paxos Confirmation Service in late 2018 and has already confirmed well over 100,000 trades with aggregate notional values in the hundreds of billions of dollars.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our rapidly growing FinTech company. The Software Engineer will be a key player in the design, coding, testing and deployment of technical output. Our team will teach you the ins and outs of our technology stack and how to be a successful software engineer in our high-energy and fast-paced environment.
Who You Are:
- You have a solid understanding of computer science principles and can’t wait to apply them.
- You love learning new things and are able to pick up new concepts and technologies quickly.
- You are passionate about creating new technology products to modernize the financial industry.
- You embody our culture and values
What you’ll do:
- You will be part of a dynamic team that loves what they do and collaborates to drive innovative solutions in a brand new technology space that is modernizing the financial industry.
- You will produce a work output by taking a complex user story, breaking it down into sub-tasks, and completing the sub-tasks with relative ease – own design, coding, testing all the way through deployment of each of those sub-tasks.
- You will identify and proactively tackle technical problems before it grows into something that requires significant up-front work to resolve. A rule of thumb is to start looking into root cause of issues whenever there is noise. There is no smoke without fire.
- You will strike the right balance between fixing the problem at hand and focusing on finding the root cause of problem. For example, if it’s a production issue the priority is to fix the immediate problem and collect all the data necessary for root cause analysis. In a non-production environment, the focus should be on finding the root cause and fixing it the right way to make sure the problem doesn’t occur again.
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.