Paxos' mission is to modernize finance by mobilizing assets at the speed of the internet. Paxos is building a future where all assets--from money to gold to securities--will be digitized and move instantaneously, 24/7. Settlement risk will cease to exist, so trillions of dollars of trapped capital can go to work in a global, frictionless economy. (Check out our Twitter feed for the latest news and information.)
Our Products include:
- Paxos Standard (PAX) is the world’s first regulated crypto asset, fully collateralized 1:1 by the U.S. dollar. This stablecoin offers a liquid, digital alternative to cash that is available 24/7 for instantaneous transaction settlement around the world. Launched in September 2018, it’s the most traded USD-backed stablecoin.
- itBit is a crypto-asset exchange with trading services including escrow, custody and OTC trading.
- Precious Metals: Based in London, our precious metals team works on a broad suite of products to simplify precious metals post-trade confirmations. The team launched Paxos Confirmation Service earlier this year.
We are looking for a Head of Site Reliability to join our rapidly growing FinTech company. The Head of Site Reliability will be a key player in guiding the team to design tools, frameworks, systems, and processes that Paxos’ engineers use to build, integrate, deploy, scale, and manage their software.
Who You Are:
You are an infrastructure expert who can make technical contributions and manage a team of high performing SRE’s.
- You have strong understanding of AWS – knowledge of other cloud providers is a plus
- Your coding, data structure and algorithm skills are on par with the Site Reliability Engineers on the team, even if you are not coding on a daily basis
- You are a master of at least one domain – Infrastructure As Code tools (Docker, Terraform, Puppet, Helm), Monitoring tools (Prometheus, Zabbix), Container Orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Docker), Database technologies (Cassandra, Postgres), and/or CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Spinnaker)
- You have a strong knowledge of distributed systems, cloud-native applications, and system design
What you’ll do:
Drive strategic decisions and implementations regarding infrastructure and the management of SRE culture here at Paxos.
- You will own the delivery and execution of SRE objectives by judiciously managing time, resources, and team members assigned to the platform. Your success is measured by adherence to timelines and quality of the work product.
- You will promote and implement best practices in observability (monitoring, tracing, alerting, logging) and high availability software engineering. Your success is measured by defining and adhering to Service Level Objectives and error budgets for Paxos’ products and services.
- You will proactively manage costs by constantly monitoring utilization and optimizing computing resources as a consequence of capacity planning. Your success is measured by optimizing infrastructure spend in an environment with an ever-increasing demand for resources while not compromising on performance or availability.
- You will guide the team in designing and building the tools, frameworks, systems, and processes that Paxos’ engineers use to build, integrate, deploy, scale and manage their software. Your success is measured by the time to market of product features while not compromising on reliability.
- You will build and develop a world-class SRE team. Your success is defined by constantly giving timely feedback to team members, rewarding and growing the best engineers, investing in the development of team members, as well as swift action on poor performance.
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.