Paxos' mission is to modernize finance by mobilizing assets at the speed of the internet. Paxos is building a future where all assets--from money to gold to securities--will be digitized and move instantaneously, 24/7. Settlement risk will cease to exist, so trillions of dollars of trapped capital can go to work in a global, frictionless economy. (Check out our Twitter feed for the latest news and information.)
Our Products include:
- Paxos Standard (PAX) is the world’s first regulated crypto asset, fully collateralized 1:1 by the U.S. dollar. This stablecoin offers a liquid, digital alternative to cash that is available 24/7 for instantaneous transaction settlement around the world. Launched in September 2018, it’s the most traded USD-backed stablecoin.
- itBit is a crypto-asset exchange with trading services including escrow, custody and OTC trading.
- Precious Metals: Based in London, our precious metals team works on a broad suite of products to simplify precious metals post-trade confirmations. The team launched Paxos Confirmation Service earlier this year.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our rapidly growing FinTech company. The Senior Accountant will be a key player in the financial reporting process including monthly close, journal entries and account reconciliations. The Senior Accountant will also be responsible for liaising with internal and external audit, managing an accounting software implementation and recommending and implementing process improvements.
Who You Are:
- You have 2-4 years of technical accounting experience under your belt
- Your experience and knowledge is backed by a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- You can manage and articulate general ledger bookings
- You have the ability to absorb large amounts of data and summarize and articulate key points using advanced excel skills and financial modeling
- You’re a detail oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- You have the ability to think on your feet and adapt to changing priorities and demands
- You embody our culture and values
- CPA licensed and/or Big Four experience preferred
What you’ll do:
- You’ll execute on the ledger entry process with a focus on continuously streamlining transactions globally. Success is measured by producing accurate and timely financial information and improving the monthly close timeline.
- You’ll support the implementation of a new accounting system that will bring consolidation capabilities globally on one platform. Success will be measured by business leaders accessing information in real time.
- You’ll perform the appropriate controls and processes for the financial close that will provide visibility into the state of the business. Success will be measured by the process improvement recommendations provided that decrease the amount of manual interventions necessary.
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.